Created by FAME, Claim Your Future® (formerly known as Get a Life) is a web and classroom game for middle school students to encourage them to explore education after high school, future careers, and money management. By playing the game, students will understand the strong connection between the choices they make today and their opportunities in the future. They will also learn that higher education generally leads to more career options and higher paying jobs.
Claim Your Future Online
On ClaimYourFuture.com, students are able to choose a career and navigate through different spending choices. They will find descriptions of academic degrees, careers, key vocabulary and various spending options. Students can see a visual representation of how much money they’ve spent as they progress through the game.
- 125 unique careers, along with descriptions and key vocabulary
- A printable budget worksheet
- Additional financial education resources
- An Educator’s Guide, which includes budget worksheets, a detailed lesson plan, homework activities and additional resources
Claim Your Future Online in the Classroom
FAME has made Claim Your Future® available to all Maine middle schools free of charge.
When played in the classroom, students are each assigned a unique game wheel, representing a specific career, education level and monthly salary. Educators are encouraged to discuss various career and college options and to lead students through a monthly budget activity. Educators can order game kits at ClaimYourFuture.com.
What you’ll find in the classroom game kit:
- 50 unique wheels representing various careers
- 150 student reward stickers