Learn about FAME’s board members, how members are appointed, upcoming meetings, and minutes from past meetings.
FAME’s Board Members
FAME is overseen by a 15-member board of directors. We are thankful for each and every one of them.
David Daigler – Chair
Maine Community College System
Richard L. Trafton, Esq. – Vice Chair
Trafton, Matzen, Belleau & Frenette
Dustin Brooks – Treasurer
AVP, Global Marketing
Wounded Warrior Congressional Fellow
Office of U.S. Representative Chellie Pingree
Rebecca Asen, Esq.
Associate General Counsel
Department of Agriculture, Conservation & Forestry
Hon. Henry M. Beck, Esq.
Maine State Treasurer
President and CEO
Priority Real Estate Group
Department of Economic and Community Development
Director of Manufacturing Services
Sappi North America
Executive Vice President/Chief Credit Officer
Camden National Bank
President and CEO
University Credit Union
Hon. Bettyann Sheats
Upcoming Board Meetings
Board members are appointed by the governor and reviewed and confirmed by the Maine Legislature. Each member, other than the ex-officio members, serves for a term of four years. The board is comprised of:
- Two members with experience in natural-resource-based enterprises
- Two veterans
- One member knowledgeable in the field of student financial aid
- One member knowledgeable in the field of higher education
- One certified public accountant
- One commercial banker
- One attorney
- Three members-at-large
- Three members to include the commissioner of the Department of Economic and Community Development, a natural resource commissioner, and the state treasurer
Board Meeting Minutes
The FAME board meets monthly. Meeting minutes are posted after they have been approved by the board of directors. Minutes do not include material discussed in executive sessions.