May 25, 2022
The Finance Authority of Maine (FAME) maintains several social media accounts (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, Pinterest, TikTok) as a means for connecting with Maine lenders, businesspeople, education professionals, students, and families to provide helpful and relevant information on business financing and on planning, saving, and paying for higher education. We also provide updates about FAME events and news. We encourage comments, ideas, and concerns and hope that users find the information we provide helpful.
FAME’s social media platforms are moderated. Comments may be reviewed for compliance with our policies after posting. We recognize that the web is a 24/7 medium, and comments are welcome at any time, however, the moderating of comments will only occur during regular business hours Monday through Friday Eastern Time. Comments submitted after hours or on weekends or holidays will be reviewed as early as possible; in most cases, this means the next business day.
FAME’s social media channels do not act as a substitute channel for services or general information. Please direct these requests to FAME via email at info@FAMEmaine.com or by calling 1-800-228-3734.
FAME’s social media sites are not to be used for:
- contracting or commercial business
- unsolicited proposals or other business ideas or inquiries
- the submission of any claim, demand, informal or formal legal complaint, or any other form of legal and/or administrative notice or process, or for the exhaustion of any legal and/or administrative remedy or questions about your specific account
- reporting criminal activity. If you have any information for law enforcement, please contact your local police agency.
We expect conversations to follow the rules of polite discourse and we ask that participants treat each other, as well as FAME employees, with respect. The following comments will be removed.
FAME reserves the right to ban participants who consistently disregard this policy. FAME also reserves the right, but is not obligated, to remove content from its social media accounts for any reason, including submissions which:
- Are obscene, vulgar, or explicit, including masked words (***), acronyms, and abbreviations
- Are abusive, threatening, hateful, or intended to defame any person, business, organization or governmental agency
- Contain offensive and/or discriminatory terms and/or language that promotes, fosters, or perpetuates discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, religion, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, marital status, sexual orientation, social caste, or disease
- Are off-topic
- Are potentially libelous
- Contain sensitive and/or private, personal information, including photos, believed to be published without consent
- Contain external links
- Believed to contain plagiarized material, or material that violates intellectual property rights
- Are fraudulent, deceptive, or otherwise intended to mislead FAME’s social media audience
- Contain commercial promotions or spam
- Violate federal, state, or local laws
This list is not exhaustive. FAME reserves the right to remove any content that is determined to be inappropriate.
The comments expressed on FAME’s social media sites do not necessarily reflect the opinions and official position of FAME.
All posts and comments made on FAME’s social media accounts are subject to all applicable public records laws and regulations.
The Finance Authority of Maine (FAME) does not discriminate in the administration of any of its programs or in its employment practices on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, gender, religion, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, marital status or sexual orientation, social caste, or disease.
FAME is an equal opportunity employer, provider, and lender.
FAME provides links to other websites as a convenience and does not endorse or guarantee the content accuracy or usability of such sites.