Work for FAME, work for Maine’s future.
FAME helps Maine families save for, access, and pay for higher education. FAME helps Maine businesses remain vital and thrive by providing specific financial solutions. Our team is known for being easy to work with, adaptable and committed to our customers – helping you get to yes! We are looking for people who want to work for a bright future for Maine.
FAME is seeking an experienced Legal/Executive Assistant to become an integral part of its highly functioning legal team. This position entails assisting our General Counsel and Deputy Counsel in daily functions and activities of the Legal Department including the management and maintenance of various files and documents, loan closing and project research preparation, and word processing. This role also provides administrative support to the Chief Executive Officer and provides primary support for matters involving the FAME Board of Directors.
The successful candidate will meet the following minimum education and work experience requirements:
- Demonstrated effectiveness in interpersonal relations and oral and written communication
- Strong computer, time management, and problem-solving skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs such as Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Superior organizational skills, attention to detail, and ability to prioritize in a fast-paced, multi-tasking environment
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality
- High school degree required plus two (2) years post-secondary education and/or Paralegal certification (or an appropriate combination of education and work experience)
- Minimum of one (1) year legal office experience and two (2) years administrative experience
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to prioritize several projects
- Familiarity with Federal and State statutes and regulations
Individuals who meet these minimum qualifications and are interested in joining a dynamic organization should forward a cover letter and resume to Human Resource Manager, Finance Authority of Maine, PO Box 949, Augusta, ME 04332-0949 or by email at email@example.com. Deadline to apply is December 15th or when a suitable candidate has been found.
FAME is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women, minorities, veterans and those with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
FAME is an equal opportunity employer, minorities, women, veterans, and those with disabilities are encouraged to apply.