Work for FAME, work for Maine’s future.
FAME helps Maine families save for, access, and pay for higher education. FAME helps Maine businesses remain vital and thrive by providing specific financial solutions. Our team is known for being easy to work with, adaptable and committed to our customers – helping you get to yes! We are looking for people who want to work for a bright future for Maine.
FAME is seeking an experienced Loan/Workout Officer to help evaluate and manage the Authority’s substandard direct, insured and contract serviced loans in default. The position also originates commercial loans and/or manages contracted programs, as needed to augment the commercial lending team. The position seeks ways to reduce or stabilize Authority’s risk of loss on troubled credits by restructuring them or collecting them.
The successful candidate will meet the following minimum education and work experience requirements:
- Four (4) year college degree required, preferably in business; background in management and finance, specialized training in commercial workout and lending helpful (or an appropriate combination of education and work experience).
- Minimum of Three (3) years of combined experience in like industries, business, finance, banking, including some experience in workouts and commercial lending.
- Demonstrated ability to manage outside vendors.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Thorough knowledge of lending policies and procedures.
- Working knowledge of bankruptcy law.
- Knowledge of accounting principles.
- Strong skills in Microsoft Office and loan servicing systems and requirements.
- Strong written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills.Fame is an EOE, women, minorities, veterans and those with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Individuals who meet these minimum qualifications and are interested in joining a dynamic organization should forward a cover letter and resume to Human Resource Manager, Finance Authority of Maine P.O. Box 949, Augusta, ME 04332-0949 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Deadline to apply is February 16, 2019 or until a suitable candidate has been found.
FAME is an equal opportunity employer, minorities, women, veterans, and those with disabilities are encouraged to apply.