Work for FAME, work for Maine’s future.
FAME helps Maine families save for, access, and pay for higher education. FAME helps Maine businesses remain vital and thrive by providing innovative financial solutions. Our team is known for being easy to work with, adaptable, and committed to our customers. We’re looking for people who want to work for a bright future for Maine.
Legal/Human Resources Assistant
FAME is seeking an experienced Legal/Human Resource Assistant to become an integral part of its highly functioning legal team. This role assists the Legal Department in daily functions and activities including the management and maintenance of various files and documents, loan closing and project research preparation and word processing. Provides primary support for matters involving the FAME Board of Directors at the direction of the Chief Executive Officer. Assists the Human Resource Department in activities related to organizational development, training and strategic planning projects.
The successful candidate will meet the following minimum education and work experience requirements:
- Demonstrated effectiveness in interpersonal relations, and oral and written communication.
- Strong computer, time management, and problem-solving skills are required. Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs such as Word, Excel, and PowerPoint required.
- Superior organizational skills, attention to detail and ability to prioritize in a fast paced, multi-tasking environment.
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality is a must.
- High school degree required plus two (2) years post-secondary education and/or Paralegal certification (or an appropriate combination of education and work experience)
- Minimum of one (1) year legal office experience and two (2) years administrative experience
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to prioritize several projects.
- Familiarity with Federal and State statutes and regulations is a plus.
- Ability to work both in Augusta office and remotely
Individuals who meet these minimum qualifications and are interested in joining a dynamic organization should forward a cover letter and resume to Human Resource Manager, Finance Authority of Maine, PO Box 949, Augusta, ME 04332-0949 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. The position will be posted until position is filled.
- Mission driven organization
- A comprehensive benefits package:
- Medical, dental and vision coverage for employees and eligible dependents, including domestic partners
- Health care and dependent care flexible spending accounts
- Life insurance, short-term and Long-term disability insurance ~ no cost
- Long-term care ~ no cost to you (and upgrade options available)
- Earned time (12 vacation and 8 sick days in your first year of service and 15 vacation and 8 sick days after 1 year)
- 13 paid holidays
- Jury duty pay
- Paid bereavement leave
- Professional development opportunities
- Lunch & Learn sessions
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Assistance Program
- Wellness and activity programs with incentives (health and financial wellness programs)
- Casual Dress Code
- Direct access to supervisors and management to address issues and concerns