Work for FAME, work for Maine’s future.
FAME helps Maine families save for, access, and pay for higher education. FAME helps Maine businesses remain vital and thrive by providing specific financial solutions. Our team is known for being easy to work with, adaptable and committed to our customers – helping you get to yes! We are looking for people who want to work for a bright future for Maine.
Customer Service Associate Intern
FAME is seeking a dynamic and innovative individual to become its Customer Service Associate Intern for the summer of 2020. The primary responsibilities of this position include collecting loan documents, ensuring loan application package is complete and preparing loan files for management review. The role also entails handling clerical responsibilities for FAME internal customers as well as providing support to the Education team by filing, processing incoming mail, and data entry. Additional duties include responding to customer emails and covering for FAME’s first point of contact for customers by answering a multi-line phone system and transferring calls to the correct person/department.
This position is a paid internship and will be performed for 10-12 weeks between the months of May and August, 2020. Intern must work all of July, with the exception of July 3rd.
The successful candidate will meet the following minimum education and work experience requirements:
- Some college, currently enrolled in a degree program.
- Strong oral and written communication skills including proofreading and editing.
- Strong computer skills with significant experience in Microsoft Windows, Microsoft Office (Outlook, Access, Word, Excel, PowerPoint) required.
- Knowledge of financial aid and private education loan programs desirable.
- Basic understanding of credit reports and tax forms helpful.
- Motivated self-starter with ability to work independently.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Effective interpersonal skills.
- Able to work in a professional business environment.
Individuals who meet these minimum qualifications and are interested in joining a dynamic organization should forward a cover letter and resume to Human Resource Manager, Finance Authority of Maine, PO Box 949, Augusta, ME 04332-0949 or by email at email@example.com. Deadline to apply is March 27, 2020.
FAME is an equal opportunity employer, minorities, women, veterans, and those with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
The Finance Authority of Maine (FAME) is a quasi-independent state agency that develops and administers programs related to the financing of both higher education and business in the State of Maine. FAME provides targeted financial tools, information and solutions to help grow Maine’s economy and enable Maine residents to take advantage of opportunities to further their education.