Work for FAME, work for Maine’s future.
FAME helps Maine families save for, access, and pay for higher education. FAME helps Maine businesses remain vital and thrive by providing specific financial solutions. Our team is known for being easy to work with, adaptable and committed to our customers – helping you get to yes! We are looking for people who want to work for a bright future for Maine.
FAME is seeking a dynamic and innovative professional to become its Financial Analyst. This position provides a variety of complex accounting and financial services for FAME. This includes preparing financial forecasts and models, cash flows, and analyses for all FAME programs; maximizing cash flow and investments by working with FAME’s investment advisor and staff; coordinating product costing and pricing; and tracking various performance measures and critical indices for FAME; all of which will assist management in making substantive program decisions. Additionally, this position will perform periodic internal reviews of FAME’s programs. This position involves working extensively with the accounting staff and staff of other departments to understand FAME’s programs for ensuring proper and accurate models, forecasts, customer satisfaction, and staff and vendor performance.
The successful candidate will meet the following minimum education and work experience requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance is required. Strong knowledge of accounting principles is preferred.
- Minimum of five (5) years related work experience. Extensive experience in accounting, financial forecasting and analysis is required.
- Extensive knowledge of Excel spreadsheets is required; experience with Microsoft Office software is preferred.
- Demonstrated effectiveness in interpersonal relations, including both oral and written communication.
- Prefer strong organizational skills to handle project management.
- Motivated self-starter with ability to work independently.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Effective interpersonal skills.
Individuals who meet these minimum qualifications and are interested in joining a dynamic organization should forward a cover letter and resume to Human Resource Manager, Finance Authority of Maine, PO Box 949, Augusta, ME 04332-0949 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Deadline to apply is August 19, 2017.
FAME is an equal opportunity employer, minorities, women, veterans, and those with disabilities are encouraged to apply.