Work for FAME, work for Maine’s future.
FAME helps Maine families save for, access, and pay for higher education. FAME helps Maine businesses remain vital and thrive by providing specific financial solutions. Our team is known for being easy to work with, adaptable and committed to our customers – helping you get to yes! We are looking for people who want to work for a bright future for Maine.
FAME is seeking a dynamic and innovative individual to become part of the finance team as an Accountant. The primary responsibilities of this position include: provides accounting and administrative support for the Operations of the Finance Department; and, perform monthly preparing and posting general and standard journal entries. This role is responsible for accounts payable coding/posting, vendor payments, year-end 1099-Misc forms, and vendor profile management. Ensures adherence to the Procurement Policy as well proper approvals for payments obtained. Additional duties include Completes bi-weekly payroll. Works with outside service providers to track information, reconcile accounts, assure timely processing, and resolve issues. The Accountant will assist in the Authority’s annual audits.
This position is a full time permanent role with benefits.
The successful candidate will meet the following minimum education and work experience requirements:
- Minimum two-year college degree in Business Administration or Accounting (or an appropriate combination of education and work experience).
- Minimum requirement of three years related work experience (e.g., bookkeeping, account reconciliation, loan servicing, accounts payable, payroll, etc.).
- Understanding of General Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP). Familiarity with FASB and GASB standards preferred.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Experience with spreadsheet and word processing software, preferably Microsoft Office programs. Experience with accounting software is required.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Motivated self-starter with ability to work independently.
- Effective interpersonal skills.
- Able to work in a professional business environment.
Individuals who meet these minimum qualifications and are interested in joining a dynamic organization should forward a cover letter and resume to Human Resource Manager, Finance Authority of Maine, PO Box 949, Augusta, ME 04332-0949 or by email at email@example.com. Deadline to apply is July 17, 2020.
FAME is an equal opportunity employer, minorities, women, veterans, and those with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
The Finance Authority of Maine (FAME) is a quasi-independent state agency that develops and administers programs related to the financing of both higher education and business in the State of Maine. FAME provides targeted financial tools, information and solutions to help grow Maine’s economy and enable Maine residents to take advantage of opportunities to further their education.