Work for FAME, work for Maine’s future.
FAME helps Maine families save for, access, and pay for higher education. FAME helps Maine businesses remain vital and thrive by providing specific financial solutions. Our team is known for being easy to work with, adaptable and committed to our customers – helping you get to yes! We are looking for people who want to work for a bright future for Maine.
FAME Chief Executive Officer
Finance Authority of Maine (FAME) is seeking a CEO to provide strategic leadership and lead its team in carrying out its mission to deliver statewide public benefit in the areas of economic development and higher education.
FAME helps lead the creation of good paying jobs for Maine residents by working at the nexus between economic and workforce development. FAME is charged with supporting the start-up, expansion and growth plans of Maine’s business community. FAME works closely with Maine’s lending community to improve access to capital as well as to help fill gaps that exist in the State’s capital delivery system. FAME also has the responsibility for administering the State’s higher education finance programs. Through a variety of saving, loan, grant, and scholarship programs, FAME helps Maine students and families afford higher education.
The CEO is responsible for driving innovation and close partnership with key external stakeholders and partners, direction and management of FAME’s programs to provide financial assistance and outreach in support of Maine businesses and higher education affordability, management of daily operations, and implementing state policies and directives relative to FAME. The CEO is appointed by the Governor and serves as principal liaison between the FAME Board of Directors and FAME staff. The FAME Board of Directors will conduct the search to recommend to the final candidate(s) for consideration to the Governor.
- Ability to articulate a clear vision for how FAME can increase its social and economic impact and better deliver on its mission of public benefit.
- Ability to provide leadership both internally to staff and publicly to enhance FAME’s role and effectiveness.
- Ability to think creatively, innovate and lead others in developing new ways of achieving FAME’s mission.
- Track-record of strong partnerships and the ability to build them with a variety of key stakeholders and collaborators.
- Five to seven years in an executive level role in the financial and operational management of a medium or large entity (private or public sector experience relevant).
- Expertise in one or more areas relevant to FAME’s mission (e.g. economic development, financing and education).
- College education required, masters degree preferred (an appropriate combination of education and work experience may be substituted).
Individuals who meet these minimum qualifications and are interested in joining a dynamic organization should forward a cover letter and resume to by email at email@example.com. Deadline to apply is March 15, 2021 or until a suitable candidate has been found.
Customer Service Associate II
FAME is seeking an experienced Customer Service Associate II to provide day-to-day support for FAME’s customers both internal and external. This role is flexible and has opportunities to work both in the office and remotely based on the needs of the job.
The successful candidate will meet the following minimum education and work experience requirements:
- Associates degree in business or related field or experience equivalent.
- Minimum of two (2) years related work experience. Experience working in a customer service environment preferred.
- Strong computer skills; particularly with Microsoft Office.
- Demonstrated effectiveness in interpersonal relations, strong oral and written communication.
- Superior organizational skills, attention to detail and the ability to prioritize in a fast paced, multi-tasking environment.
- Must possess a positive, achievement-oriented attitude to build strong relationships with all customers, vendors and staff.
Individuals who meet these minimum qualifications and are interested in joining a dynamic organization should forward a cover letter and resume to Human Resource Manager, Finance Authority of Maine P.O. Box 949, Augusta, ME 04332-0949 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Deadline to apply is February 28, 2021 or until a suitable candidate has been found.
FAME is an equal opportunity employer, minorities, women, veterans, and those with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
The Finance Authority of Maine (FAME) is a quasi-independent state agency that develops and administers programs related to the financing of both higher education and business in the State of Maine. FAME provides targeted financial tools, information and solutions to help grow Maine’s economy and enable Maine residents to take advantage of opportunities to further their education.