UCU Scholarship ProgramEligibility: UCU will award eight scholarships to high school seniors and undergraduates students who are attending one of the seven University of Maine System campuses or Maine Maritime Academy. Applicant must be a UCU member with account in good standing.
Scholarship Amount: $1,000
How is this Awarded: All applications will be sent to the Scholarship Committee after the application deadline. The committee will review all submissions for eligibility and requirements to determine entry into the drawing. Scholarship awardees will be randomly drawn from the pool of approved eligible applications for each of the eight awards. (Transcript is not required for this scholarship application). Scholarship awardees will be notified by May 17, 2019. Awardees will be asked to submit a photo for publication in our membership newsletter. UCU reserves the right to discontinue this scholarship program anytime without notice. UCU reserves the right not to award any scholarships should there be no qualified applicants.
UCU is pleased to announce the fourth year of its Scholarship Program. In 2019, UCU will award eight scholarships to students furthering their undergraduate education at the seven University of Maine System campuses and Maine Maritime Academy.
The scholarships will be awarded as follows:
- University of Maine – $1,000
- University of Maine at Augusta – $1,000
- University of Maine at Farmington – $1,000
- University of Maine at Fort Kent – $1,000
- University of Maine at Machias – $1,000
- University of Maine at Presque Isle – $1,000
- University of Southern Maine – $1,000
- Maine Maritime Academy – $1,000
The winning applicant will be chosen at random from all eligible applicants who applied for the scholarship. To be an eligible applicant, the following requirements must be met:
- Be a member of UCU with an account in good standing. Primary account ownership is required and Joint ownership on an account does not meet qualification for application.
- Be entering your first year of college at one of the eight schools listed above.
- Complete all information required on the UCU scholarship application online.
Deadline Description: Complete applications must be submitted online and received through UCU’s website no later than Wednesday, May 1, 2019. Applicants must also become members of UCU by May 1, 2019. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Deadline Date: May 1
Nonspecific to course of study