- Be a Maine resident entering first year of postsecondary education.
- Intend to enroll/be enrolled in a two (2) or four (4) year degree-granting college or university, which is accredited by the Association of Schools and Colleges.
- Show a strong desire to complete degree program.
- Academic excellence demonstrated by the content of the applicant’s transcript and GPA
- Contributions to school, community, and/or work environment
- Demonstrated financial need
- Two letters of recommendation
- A personal essay of 300 words or more
Visit the Maine Education Foundation website to complete the simple online application. The application becomes available January 1. The application period runs from January 1 – April 1.