Mainely Character ScholarshipEligibility:
- Student must live in Maine.
- Student is graduating from high school in the year of your application.
- Student's high school is located in Maine. We do not accept applications from students attending high school out of state.
- Student will be going onto an accredited post-secondary institution after graduation from high school.
If you are considering a “gap year” between high school and post-secondary education, you must apply during your senior year of high school, and you must have already committed to a post-secondary institution.
Scholarship Amount: $2500-$5,000
How is this Awarded:
Mainely Character Scholarships are awarded to individuals who demonstrate, through a written character statement, these four core principles of exemplary character:
- Concern: Communicating compassion and a caring attitude toward others.
- Responsibility: Demonstrating commitment and conviction through your actions.
- Integrity: Acting ethically and remaining true to your personal values.
- Courage: Taking risks and following your conscience with fearlessness.
Semi-finalists will be required to have a personal interview.
The scholarship is not renewable.
Application form and instructions can be found online at the Mainely Character website.
When Can I Apply: After January 1 of the award year.
Deadline Description: March 1 of the award year.
Deadline Date: March 1
Returning to School
Nonspecific to course of study