Congratulations to the 2023 Legislative Memorial Scholarship Recipients.
(Recipients selected from applications submitted by June 1, 2022 deadline.)
Androscoggin – Amelia Mooney
Aroostook – Jordan Thompson
Cumberland – Logan Brown
Franklin – Austin Marden
Hancock – Amber-Rae Pesek
Kennebec – Andrew Guiou
Knox – Anna Carpenter
Lincoln – Alice Skiff
Oxford – Christina Genest
Penobscot – Elizabeth Kinney
Piscataquis – Ruth Griffith
Sagadahoc – Mollie Crosby
Somerset – Michael Brown
Waldo – Rowan Hurlburt
Washington – Kobe Saunders
York – John Cesario
Awards are made on the basis of: Academic excellence demonstrated by the content of the applicant’s transcript and GPA; the applicant’s activities, including employment and contributions to community; financial need demonstrated by the applicant’s Student Aid Report (SAR); two letters of recommendation; and an essay of 300 words or less from the applicant explaining his or her educational goals and intentions.
Only complete applications will be considered. A complete application consists of:
- Completed 2023-2024 Maine Legislative Memorial Scholarship Application (available Feb. 1, 2023)
- Essay (make sure applicant’s name appears on all pages)
- Submission of transcripts, recommendations, and 2023-2024 Student Aid Report (SAR)*
- College students should include both college and high school transcripts
- All transcripts should also indicate graduation date or anticipated graduation date
- Copy of high school diploma or equivalent or expected graduation date
- Recipients selected from applications submitted by the June 1, 2023 deadline will be selected and notified in the Fall of 2023. Notifications are not sent to those applicants not selected.
The 2023-2024 application cycle will open February 1, 2023. The 2023-2024 applications may be submitted beginning February 1, 2023 with deadline to apply extended from May 1, 2023 to June 1, 2023.*
*It is imperative that students submit the 2023-2024 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) in time to receive the Student Aid Report (SAR) back from the federal government. The SAR with Expected Family Contribution (EFC), income information, and number of family members must be sent to FAME and postmarked by the deadline during the application period.
Direct any questions concerning this scholarship to FAME by calling 800-228-3734 or by emailing Education@FAMEmaine.com.
Completed applications (including all supporting documents) should be postmarked by the deadline during the annual application period and mailed to:
Finance Authority of Maine (FAME)
Attn: Maine Legislative Memorial Scholarship
PO Box 949
Augusta, ME 04332-0949
Scholarships may be deferred for one year if this is to the student’s financial advantage.