Congratulations to the 2022 Legislative Memorial Scholarship Recipients.
(Recipients selected from applications submitted by June 1, 2021 deadline.)
Androscoggin – Megan Libby
Aroostook – Jillian Bosse
Cumberland – Terra Gallo
Franklin – Troy Hupper
Hancock – Jessica Gerrish
Kennebec – Cooper Swan
Knox – Logan Putansu
Lincoln – Kalista Andrews
Oxford – Alexandria Dyke
Penobscot – Hannah Boone
Piscataquis – Thomas Watt
Sagadahoc – Andrew Vachon
Somerset – Susannah Curtis
Waldo #1 – Emma Fonger
Waldo #2 - Morgan Fonger
York – Nicholas Hammond
Only complete applications will be considered. A complete application consists of:
- Completed 2023-2024 Maine Legislative Memorial Scholarship Application (available Feb. 1, 2023)
- Essay (make sure applicant’s name appears on all pages)
- Submission of transcripts, recommendations, and 2023-2024 Student Aid Report (SAR)*
- College students should include both college and high school transcripts
- All transcripts should also indicate graduation date or anticipated graduation date
- Copy of high school diploma or equivalent
- Recipients selected from applications submitted by the May 1, 2023 deadline will be selected and notified in the Fall of 2023. Notifications are not sent to those applicants not selected.
The 2023-2024 application cycle will open February 1, 2023. The 2023-2024 applications may be submitted beginning February 1, 2023 with final deadline to apply May 1, 2023.*
*It is imperative that students submit the 2023-2024 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) in time to receive the Student Aid Report (SAR) back from the federal government. The SAR with Expected Family Contribution (EFC), income information, and number of family members must be sent to FAME and postmarked by the deadline during the application period.
Direct any questions concerning this scholarship to FAME by calling 800-228-3734 or by emailing Education@FAMEmaine.com.
Completed applications (including all supporting documents) should be postmarked by the deadline during the annual application period and mailed to:
Finance Authority of Maine (FAME)
Attn: Maine Legislative Memorial Scholarship
PO Box 949
Augusta, ME 04332-0949
Scholarships may be deferred for one year if this is to the student’s financial advantage.