Congratulations to the 2021 Legislative Memorial Scholarship Recipients.
(Recipients selected from applications submitted by June 1, 2020 deadline.)
Androscoggin – Jillian Reissfelder
Aroostook – Lexi Crouse
Cumberland – Catrina Wilson
Franklin – Clare Fournier
Hancock – Marina Parsons
Kennebec – Grace Smith
Knox – Hayden Daigle
Lincoln – Katelyn Long
Oxford – Jessica Doucette
Penobscot – Cassandra Lacasse
Piscataquis – Jack Morehouse
Sagadahoc – Andrew Goodall
Somerset – Emily Edgerly
Waldo – Rylee Seinkiewicz
Washington – Mailena Alicea
York – Jakob Saucier
Only complete applications will be considered. A complete application consists of:
- Completed 2022-2023 Maine Legislative Memorial Scholarship application
- Essay (make sure applicant’s name appears on all pages)
- Submission of transcripts, recommendations, and 2022-2023 Student Aid Report (SAR)*
- College students should include both college and high school transcripts
- All transcripts should also indicate graduation date or anticipated graduation date
- Copy of high school diploma or equivalent
- Recipients selected from applications submitted by the June 1, 2022 deadline will be selected and notified in the Fall of 2022. Notifications are not sent to those applicants not selected.
The 2022-2023 application cycle will open February 1, 2022. The 2022-2023 applications may be submitted beginning February 1, 2022 with final deadline to apply June 1, 2022.*
*It is imperative that students submit the 2022-2023 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) in time to receive the Student Aid Report (SAR) back from the federal government. The SAR with Expected Family Contribution (EFC), income information, and number of family members must be sent to FAME and postmarked by the deadline during the application period.
Direct any questions concerning this scholarship to FAME by calling 800-228-3734 or by emailing Education@FAMEmaine.com.
Completed applications (including all supporting documents) should be postmarked by the deadline during the annual application period and mailed to:
Finance Authority of Maine (FAME)
Attn: Maine Legislative Memorial Scholarship
PO Box 949
Augusta, ME 04332-0949
Scholarships may be deferred for one year if this is to the student’s financial advantage.