Must meet one or more of the following requirements:
• Fully matriculated undergraduate student living on one of Maine’s year-round, unbridged islands and pursuing post-secondary education (2-year, 4-year, or vocational/technical) at an accredited institution
• Currently enrolled in or have graduated from the highest grade available at your island school
• Expected Family Contribution (EFC) of $15,000 or less from the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
• Personal/School Information
• Personal Statement
• Letter of Recommendation
• EFC from FAFSA Student Aid Report
Maine Island Scholarship Award: $1,500/year for one year. Awarded to four students pursuing post-secondary education.
Incoming freshman who apply will be considered for both the Sweet Scholarship and the Maine Island Scholarship.
Students may apply for the Maine Island Scholarship every year during their post-secondary education.