Kids' Chance of Maine ScholarshipEligibility: Kids’ Chance of Maine is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization that provides scholarships for children of workers that have been seriously injured or killed in a compensable work-related accident or occupational disease.
Scholarship Amount: $1,000-$5,000
How is this Awarded: Scholarships are awarded once a year and students may apply every year for which they are eligible. Current annual scholarship amounts range from $1,000 and $5,000 and are determined based on the student’s financial need.
- Between 16-22 years old at the time of the application.
- Child who is a dependent of a worker seriously injured or killed in a compensable work-related accident or occupational disease with an employer over whom the Maine Workers’ Compensation Board has jurisdiction.
- Demonstrated financial need to pay for post-secondary education.
- Accepted or already enrolled at a two- or four-year college, university or technical school. (Graduate-level students are not eligible.)
- Pursuing a degree as a full or part-time student.
- For students attending a 2-year or 4-year college or university – Completion of the FAFSA – the Free Application for Federal Student Aid.
The application and more information can be found on the Kids’ Chance of Maine website.
Deadline Description: Kids’ Chance of Maine accepts applications on a rolling basis. Scholarships are reviewed and awarded for Full-Time Fall/Spring semesters.
Enrolled in College
Nonspecific to course of study