- Between 16 and 22 years old at the time of the application.
- Child who is a dependent of a worker seriously injured or killed in a compensable work-related accident or occupational disease with an employer over whom the Maine Workers’ Compensation Board has jurisdiction.
- Demonstrated financial need to pay for postsecondary education.
- Accepted or already enrolled at a two- or four-year college, university, or technical school. (Graduate-level students are not eligible.)
- Pursuing a degree as a full- or part-time student.
- For students attending a two- or four-year college or university – Completion of the FAFSA – the Free Application for Federal Student Aid.
The application and more information can be found on the Kids’ Chance of Maine website.