Frank J. Gaziano Memorial Offensive and Defensive Lineman AwardEligibility: The Frank J. Gaziano Memorial Offensive and Defensive Lineman Awards are presented annually to the Maine high school football offensive and defensive linemen who epitomize the character, leadership, and perseverance of Frank J. Gaziano. The recipients are outstanding scholar-athletes. They are selected based on strong leadership on the field, in the classroom, and in the community. Applicant must be a graduating senior; have competed at the varsity level for a CCS school for at least two (2) years; and be able to verify an exemplary record of positive athletic and non-athletic citizenship.
Scholarship Amount: $5,000
How is this Awarded: Selection committee will evaluate applications. The recipients are outstanding scholar-athletes. They are selected based on strong leadership on the field, in the classroom and in the community. Finalists will be selected to appear before the committee for a Finalists Interview. Award winners will be selected and announced at the Awards Banquet.
Applications and more information may be obtained online at http://gazianolinemanawards.org/. In order to be considered complete the application must include the following material:
- In order to be considered complete the application including the following material:
- A completed Student Application Form with all required signatures;
- A nomination letter from the Head Coach designating which award/position the player is being nominated for
- Letters of recommendation from the student’s Athletic Director and Principal;
- A copy of the student’s seven(7)-semester transcript of grades, showing his/her cumulative and grade-point-average and schedule of classes taken, with respective grades earned;
- Official document showing student’s SAT/ACT scores;
- A TYPED essay (1-page, in the student’s own words) providing a short biography including the player’s goals and accomplishments in the community, academically and on the field.
- A photo of the player in uniform without his helmet on
- Two game videos of the nominee playing against their team’s two best opponents. If your school participates in HUDL, submission instructions for providing these highlight films to us may be found on our Evaluation Criteria Page.
- The player must include their jacket size on the application form.
Deadline Date: December 9
Nonspecific to course of study