It is funded by Andy P. Barowsky Charitable Foundation and administered by The Philanthropic Initiative (TPI).
It provides a four-year renewable scholarship of up to $25,000 based on financial need. Many students are deserving of this type of support during college, but this program seeks to support and encourage students who meet the following eligibility requirements:
· U.S. citizen and current resident of Maine.
· High school senior or recent high school graduate enrolling as a first-year student in a competitive four-year degree program, at an accredited, not-for-profit, private or public college or university in the U.S. full-time in 2023-2024.
· Strong academic record in high school.
· Motivated to excel in college and make a difference in their community, and in society overall.
· Student demonstrates a commitment to reasoned, rational thinking, an ability to collaborate and work across difference, and a desire to deploy those skills in furtherance of civic engagement.
· Involved in a balance of community, school, and work activities.
· Plans to complete one Economics course and two of any of the following courses prior to completing college: Accounting, Finance, History or Psychology.
· Student must be planning to live on campus (e.g. in university organized housing or student-group organized housing) and to attend classes in-person to receive and to renew the scholarship.
Information about the scholarship, including guidelines and application instructions, can be found here: https://tpi.org/barowsky-scholars/.