You’ve filed your FAFSA but you’re not done yet!
Here’s What Happens Next
Your FAFSA will be processed by the Federal Processing Center, typically within three days. You will not be able to make updates or corrections to your FAFSA during this time. Once processed, your FAFSA information will be sent to all of the schools listed on your FAFSA.
Review Your Student Aid Report
- Your Student Aid Report (SAR) is a summary of the information you provided on your FAFSA.
- If you provided an email address on your FAFSA, you will be sent an email with a link to your Student Aid Report once your FAFSA has been processed. Your Student Aid Report can also be found by logging in at fafsa.gov.
- Review your Student Aid Report carefully.
- If corrections are needed, log in to fafsa.gov and sign in using your FSA ID (username and password).
- If information has changed or the FAFSA data no longer reflects your current situation, contact your school.
You May be Selected for Verification
Verification is a process that requires schools to collect additional income and household information from some students. Your school will let you know what documents are required. Be sure to watch for any requests from your school and to follow up as soon as possible.
You’ll receive an award notification from the schools you’ve been accepted to after you have provided the required information. Be sure you understand and compare your financial aid awards carefully.