This program reduces your borrower’s interest rate. Loans will be approved and funded by financial institutions according to their own policies. The Maine State Treasurer will make a deposit in the form of a Certificate of Deposit (CD) with the originating lender at up to 2% less than prevailing rate, provided a similar discount is applied on the lender’s loan to the business.
FAME works in conjunction with the Maine State Treasurer to implement this program. Contact FAME to reserve funds.
- Nonagricultural, for-profit businesses located in Maine.
- 20 or fewer employees or annual sales of less than $2,500,000.
- Must be a manufacturer or have 70% of sales outside the state.
- Loan proceeds for real property, fixed assets, research or working capital.
- 50% owned by Maine residents.
- Create or retain one job for each $20,000 of deposited funds.
- Maximum CD investment of $200,000 (actual loan amount may be greater).
Up to 2% interest rate savings to borrower.
- CD investment made for maximum of one year (loan term may be greater).
- Participation limited to two years.
Collateral requirements are at the lender’s discretion. The treasurer’s CD investment is not pledged as collateral for the loan.
$50 application fee.
Contact FAME for reservation application.
Loans approved and made by lenders according to their own policies. This investment does not constitute loan collateral. Loan does not need to be insured by FAME.