Setting goals helps you identify where you want to go, what you will need along the way, and whether you are on course.
- Set realistic goals. Consider educational, financial and personal goals.
- Prioritize – what matters most to you?
- Make a plan and determine what resources you need to achieve these goals.
- Track your progress.
- Congratulate yourself when you’ve reached a milestone!
What are your goals?
Short-term Goals (within 2 years)
- Get your own apartment
- Pay down high-interest debt
- Create an emergency fund
Mid-term Goals (2-5 years)
- Take a dream vacation
- Buy a home
- Go back to school
Long-term Goals (5+ years)
- Pay off student debt
- Start your own business