• Must be a resident of the state of Maine and classified as a United States Citizen.
• Must be a matriculated student at a University of Maine System institution seeking a first baccalaureate or associate degree.
• Must have a two-year gap (or more) since the last college attempt from any institution.
• Must have a minimum of 30 credits earned from any institution toward your degree. These credits must be accepted by your reentry institution.
• Must complete an academic year FAFSA and have an EFC of less than $20,000.
• Must be registered at least part-time: six to eight credits per semester. Enrollment of less than 6 credits will not be considered for the scholarship.
Students must be admitted to a University of Maine System (UMS) Institution and have their maine.edu credentials activated in order to apply. Applications open on May 1, 2023 at 08:00 AM (EDT). Students can apply at: https://ums-scholarship.smapply.io/
Application deadlines are September 1 for the full academic year beginning in the Fall, and January 1 to be considered for Spring funding. Applications are reviewed by a committee made up of representatives from each University of Maine System campus. Awards are based on the eligibility criteria outlined above.