Maine Dental Education Loan Program-Application Instructions
Application deadline is May 30, 2021. 2021-2022 APPLICATION DEADLINE EXTENDED TO JUNE 3, 2021 MIDNIGHT.
For an application to be considered complete, applicants must:
- Write an essay explain why you chose a dental career and describing why you are interested in practicing primary care dentistry in an underserved population area in Maine and serving patients regardless of ability to pay through insurance or other payment sources. Essay must be approximately 500 words.
- Attach the essay (in .pdf format) within the online application.
- Attach all undergraduate and graduate transcripts (in .pdf format) within the online application.
- Attach (in .pdf format) Maine residency documentation/information including signed copy of your 2020 Maine state tax return (do not include schedules); current Maine driver’s license and Maine vehicle registration.
- Complete the online Maine Dental Education Loan Program Application carefully.
- File the 2021-2022 FAFSA by May 30, 2021. (FAME, as a Maine state agency, will automatically receive a copy of your FAFSA after you file.) 2021-2022 APPLICATION DEADLINE EXTENDED TO JUNE 3, 2021 MIDNIGHT.
Your current school will certify your application.
IMPORTANT NOTE: When you click on the application link below, you will be leaving FAMEmaine.com and going to an online application. Once you begin the online application, you must finish the process. The application cannot be saved to finish later. As such, please make sure to have all application materials ready before you click the application link below. Please refer to our Application Guidelines to help you gather all necessary information and materials before proceeding with the application process.
Applications that are not complete by the deadline date indicated will be ineligible. FAME assumes no responsibility for identifying and/or providing notification of missing or erroneous information.