Educators for Maine – Application Instructions for High School Seniors
Application deadline is May 1, 2020.
For an application to be considered complete, applicants must:
- Write an essay that describes your views on the roles educators play in society today. Explain how your life experiences and character traits set you apart from other applicants and make you appropriate for this role in Maine. The essay must be typed, double-spaced and approximately 500 words. Essays will be reviewed for grammar, style, and content.
- Attach the essay (in .pdf format) within the online application.
- Provide your school counselor’s email address during the application process. Your current high school will provide a transcript and a copy of your school profile.
- Complete the Educators for Maine Program Application carefully.
- File the 2020-2021 FAFSA by May 1, 2020. (FAME, as a Maine state agency, will automatically receive a copy of your FAFSA after you file.)
IMPORTANT NOTE: When you click on the application link below, you will be leaving FAMEmaine.com and going to an online application. Once you begin the online application, you must finish the process. The application cannot be saved to finish later. As such, please make sure to have all application materials ready before you click the application link below. Please refer to our Application Guidelines for High School Seniors to help you gather all necessary information and materials before proceeding with the application process.
Applications that are not complete by the deadline date indicated will be ineligible. FAME assumes no responsibility for identifying and/or providing notification of missing or erroneous information.