Project overview: One-year contract in the amount of $73,000 to be awarded in two installments of $36,500 each (first disbursement at the beginning and second occurring six months into the contract) by the Finance Authority of Maine (FAME) to help market the Job Creation Through Educational Opportunity Program, formerly known as the Educational Opportunity Tax Credit and now known as the Student Loan Repayment Tax Credit. Vendor will be expected to use all funds to help market the program and/or reimburse costs for so doing. Vendor must report annually in writing to FAME on specific actions taken, expenses incurred, and outcomes achieved in promoting awareness of the tax credit.
Background: The 126th Maine Legislature enacted PL 2013, Ch. 417 which, among other things, directed FAME to contract with a private nonprofit corporation annually to market the Job Creation Through Educational Opportunity Program throughout the state. The program was subsequently amended by the 130th Maine Legislature (Second Session), however, to simplify its terms and increase marketing funds. It is now known as the Student Loan Repayment Tax Credit. More information on the new program may be found at 20-A M.R.S.A. § 12541 et seq.; 36 M.R.S.A. § 5217-E et seq; and at Student Loan Repayment Tax Credit | Maine Revenue Services
Project Scope: The selected vendorwill be expected to help market the tax credit statewide over a one-year period to potentially eligible and/or relevant audiences, including businesses, high schools, postsecondary educational institutions, organizations of parents, teachers, and other relevant audiences. Marketing efforts must include printed materials, online information, and in-person promotional efforts. The vendor must submit an annual report to FAME detailing their efforts and experiences in promoting awareness of the credit, including itemized expenses incurred.
- Proposals due to FAME: Thursday, November 30, 2023 by 4:30 p.m. EST
- Vendors notified of FAME selection: On or about December 8, 2023
- First tranche of funds to be disbursed to vendor: On or about December 31, 2023
- Report by selected vendor to FAME on year-long marketing activities (including itemized expenses): by December 31, 2024
Evaluation and Selection Criteria:
Responses will be evaluated on: responsiveness to the requirements, experience of the organization and individuals, cost, and such other criteria as FAME determines to be relevant. FAME expressly reserves the right not to accept the least costly response.
Delivery delays or other logistical failures are the responsibility of the respondent. FAME reserves the right to reject any and all responses submitted. Responses received after the required date and time may, at the option of FAME, be rejected as non-responsive to this Request for Proposals. The transmission of responses by facsimile or e-mail is not permitted.
Application Questions: Responses to the following four questions are requested in writing by Thursday, November 30, 2023 at 4:30 p.m. to:
Please limit responses to all questions to no more than 750 words total.
- How does your organization propose to utilize the requested funds?
- What makes your organization the best choice to administer the contract?
- What thoughts do you have to help better publicize awareness of the recently revamped tax credit?
- Is your organization willing and able to comply with the above and below terms of the contract, including submitting timely and accurate reports, a detailed budget of expenses incurred, and recitation of efforts made to promote the credit, and, if necessary, appearing before the Maine Legislature to respond to questions about the program and your marketing efforts?
The Finance Authority of Maine is a public authority, and its records, including the information to be submitted as provided herein, are public records, unless specifically exempted under 1 M.R.S.A. §401 et seq. or 10 M.R.S.A. §975-A. Any information which you believe should be confidential must be clearly marked as such