FAME is seeking the services of a behavioral science expert or firm to assist us in developing evidence-based approaches to our current marketing, communications, counseling, and program design/structure in order to help more Maine people obtain a post-secondary degree or credential that improves their economic well-being.
We believe that applying behavioral science will improve FAME’s ability to support Maine’s 10-year economic goal of increasing the percentage of the workforce with a credential of value beyond high school. Specifically, we hope to improve our ability to engage the 40% of high school graduates who pursue no education, training, and/or military service immediately following their graduation from high school. We also seek to assist individuals changing careers and veterans transitioning to civilian life.
Several proposal requirements have been identified to assist FAME in determining which organization will best serve our needs. Please provide a thorough but concise response to each question listed below and include the question number with each response. Appendices may be used for additional general information. Failure to provide a response to each item may deem a proposal invalid.
Submission of a proposal indicates acceptance by the provider of the conditions contained in this RFP. There is no express or implied obligation for FAME to reimburse responding providers for any expenses incurred in preparing proposals in response to this RFP. All information contained in a respondent’s submission must be factual and accurate. Misrepresentation of facts may be grounds for dismissal from consideration.
- State the size and type of organization and describe the organization’s history, including years in business and relevant experience, location from which the work is to be performed, and hours of operation. Identify the primary contacts who would be assigned to support this project.
- Describe how your firm would approach the work described in the Scope of Work section above. Give a general description of how your firm would accomplish the tasks described in order to generate the deliverables required for satisfactory completion of the agreement.
- Describe your experience in behavioral science work. Include a brief summary containing the most important reasons why you believe your organization should be selected and an examples of recent projects.
- Describe how your organization’s approach to behavioral science differs from other providers in this field.
- Provide any other information, suggestions and supporting materials that you believe will be relevant and should be considered in assessing your company’s expertise.
- Describe your proposed use of partners, alliances, affiliations and/or subcontractors for any of the services in the scope of work. Include the company names and describe how they are utilized.
- Provide three references including names, titles, addresses (mail and email), and telephone numbers who can attest to your company’s capabilities. Also, please include the length of time your organization has provided services to each reference.
For more information: Download complete PDF here.
· Questions concerning this RFP should be received electronically by 5:00pm Eastern Standard Time (EST) on January 14, 2022 and directed to Mary Dyer at email@example.com. Telephone inquiries will not be accepted.
· Questions and answers will be sent electronically to all known and interested vendors by 5:00 pm EST on January 21, 2022.
· Proposals should be clearly marked in the subject line as “Behavioral Science in College Affordability Proposal” and e-mailed (in PDF form) to Mary Dyer at firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 4:00 pm EST on January 26, 2022.
· Estimated FAME Recommendation Decision Notification Date: February 18, 2022.
· Estimated Start Work Date: No later than March 7, 2022.