The Intermediary Relending Program provides funding to small Maine businesses to expand operations or promote job growth and community development.
- Most Maine-based businesses, except agriculture
- Must be located outside defined urban areas
- Must demonstrate historical ability to service debt
- Must show efforts made to access additional sources of capital
- Must demonstrate employment of low-income persons, farm families and displaced farm families
Not to exceed 75% of project cost, up to a maximum loan amount of $250,000.
Wall Street Journal Prime (fixed at commitment).
- Real estate – up to 20 years
- Machinery and equipment – up to 10 years
- All other – up to 7 years
Assets being financed and other collateral, as required.
Commitment fee: 0.5%
Although not required, FAME encourages all applicants to discuss their loan request with a FAME loan officer prior to submission to ensure program eligibility.
All of the following documents must be completed and returned to FAME in order to complete the loan application process.
For best results, please download .pdf forms locally, then open and complete them with Adobe Acrobat. If you don’t have Acrobat, you can download a free version of Adobe Acrobat Reader here. Save and print your completed forms, then mail to FAME.