Click, Click, Cash, Cash!
Welcome to College Goal Maine 2013
Completing the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) is required to apply for state and federal financial assistance for higher education. College Goal Maine is an opportunity for students and parents to receive free assistance completing and filing the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). The FAFSA is the first step to applying for Federal aid, and it is a requirement for most college students who plan to pay for college with the help of federal, state, or institutional aid like grants, scholarships, work study, and loans. Students and families can complete the application either at an in-person event or online. You can complete the 2013-2014 FAFSA anytime on or after January 1, 2013.
What to have with you:
For the 2013-2014 school year you will need financial information from 2012. If you are a dependent student, you will also need your parents' information.
You may need to refer to:
1. Your Social Security card.
It is important that you enter your (and your parents', if applicable) Social Security Number correctly!
2. Your driver's license (if any)
3. Your 2012 W-2 forms and other records of money earned
4. Your (and if married, your spouse's) 2012 Federal Income Tax Return
5. Your current bank statements
6. Your 2012 untaxed income records
7. Your current business and investment mortgage information, business and farm records, stock,
bond and other investment records.
8. Your alien registration or permanent resident card (if you are not a U.S. citizen)
Information and materials for schools and site coordinators.
File your FAFSA online with help from our Virtual Lab.