Resources for Counselors and Advisors
The following resources are available to help organizations get the word out and notify students about these worthwhile events. Samples are located below. May we suggest:
- Using posters and getting flyers/postcards directly to students
- Emailing students and parents
- Using school’s auto-dialer or auto-text system to remind families to file their FAFSA. This is tremendously effective!
- Making announcements over school intercom system, at sporting events, etc.
- Promoting on school’s website
- Writing about it in the school newsletter
- Announcing the event on school’s outside display board
Phone, Email and Web Copy
Hello - Don't delay any further! File the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) to get CASH FOR COLLEGE! File the FAFSA at www.fafsa.gov. The FAFSA isthe first step to applying for federal, state and many types of insititutional financial aid. Don't forget, seniors must file their FAFSA by May 1 to be considered for a $1,000 State of Maine Grant. Need help? Visit FAMEmaine.com/FAFSA.
Auto Text Script
Don’t delay! File the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) to get CASH FOR COLLEGE! File online at www.fafsa.gov.
Filing the FAFSA
Webinar - Powerpoint Presentation
The webinar provides a line-by-line review of all seven sections of the FAFSA, with special focus on the questions that cause the most confusion.
If you have questions or need additional materials, please feel free to contact us at email@example.com