About FAME's FAFSA Completion Efforts
FAME's FAFSA Completion Labs, also known as College Goal Maine, are part of a nationwide program that provides information and assistance to students and families applying for financial aid for higher education.
College financial aid officers and other qualified professionals volunteer their time to help college-bound students complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA), which is the required federal financial aid form.
Maine has offered this program to students and families for 10 years.
When can I attend a FAME FAFSA completion event?
FAME's FAFSA completion events will begin mid-January at Maine Career and Technical High Schools as well as at colleges and universities.
Who should attend FAME's FAFSA completion events?
Students and families who need help completing the FAFSA form for the upcoming academic year.
What do I need to bring?
For the 2014-2015 school year you will need financial information from 2013. If you are a dependent student, you will also need your parents' information. You may need to refer to:
1. Your Social Security card. It is important that you enter your (and your parents', if applicable) Social Security Number correctly!
2. Your driver's license (if any)
3. Your 2013 W-2 forms and other records of money earned
4. Your (and if married, your spouse's) 2013 Federal Income Tax Return
5. Your current bank statements
6. Your 2013 untaxed income records
7. Your current business and investment mortgage information, business and farm records, stock, bond and other investment records.
8. Your alien registration or permanent resident card (if you are not a U.S. citizen)
DON'T have these 2013 forms, income records and tax returns yet? You can estimate the information using past tax forms and income records.
Who can I contact if I have questions?
Call FAME! Anyone interested in learning more about the FAFSA can contact us at 1-800-228-3734 8am - 5pm Monday - Friday or E-mail us.