Commercial Loan Assistant
The individual in this position provides support and assistance for the commercial loan programs such as CLI, ERLP, AMLF, PMIF, AELP, MRDA, etc. This will include servicing accounts, maintaining credit files, essential document files and databases to ensure compliance with loan documentation and efficient administration of the programs.
This position receives direct supervision from the Education Programs Manager.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
Duties and responsibilities of the individual holding this position may include, but are not strictly limited to, the following:
- Greeting and assisting customers on the phone, in person or via email is the highest priority. Ensure customer issues are handled in a timely and accurate manner with a high degree of professionalism resulting in customer satisfaction.
- Receive, review and process loan applications in an efficient and timely manner, which may include formulaic credit review for AELP.
- Communicate and promote positive relationship with all external and internal customers. Identify better ways to serve customers based on the questions and comments received.
- Maintain current insurance information for direct loans.
- Maintain current financial information for direct and guaranteed loans.
- Loan, account and customer servicing.
Handle all aspects for the AELP board meetings.
Work closely with IT to test and implement new and existing processes for business. Work to identify system issues, writing reports and analyzing the reports as needed.
Process applications, maintains information and reports of the Seed Capital Tax Credit Program.
Log into ACD each day for all groups.
Prepare presentations on programs or functions supported.
Assumes additional responsibilities as required.
- Business email in-box
- Task pad in CLUE
- Loan changes
- Maintains “audit ready” status
- Create and distribute reports/newsletters for staff and fiduciary agents (AMLF, PMIF, REDRLP, SSBCI, OLA, MRDA, etc.)
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
- Two (2) year degree preferred.
- Minimum of one (1) year related work experience. Demonstrated ability working with commercial loans and legal documents.
- Demonstrated effectiveness in interpersonal relations, strong oral and written communication.
- Strong computer skills; particularly with Microsoft Office.
- Strong time management and problem-solving skills required.
- Superior organizational and problem-solving skills, attention to detail and the ability to prioritize in a fast paced, multi-tasking environment.
- Must possess a positive, achievement-oriented attitude to build strong relationships with all customers, vendors and staff.
Normal office walking, lifting and sitting. Overnight travel and driving are sometimes required.
Send resume and letter of application to:
Lisa Brown, PHR
Human Resource Manager
Finance Authority of Maine
PO Box 949
Augusta, ME 04332-0949
FAME is an equal opportunity employer. The Finance Authority of Maine (FAME) does not discriminate in the administration of any of its programs or in its employment practices or on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, gender, religion, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, marital status or sexual orientation. FAME is an equal opportunity employer, provider and lender.