Commercial Loan Officer
Analyzes credit requests and negotiates with Lenders and/or Borrowers to properly structure loan requests then presents them to appropriate staff and/or Boards with recommendations for action. Assists in the development and implementation of new programs and the marketing and promotion of new and existing products and services.
Commercial Loan Officer I and Commercial Loan Officer II will have varying levels of loan authority as determined in FAME’s Loan Policy. Loan complexity will also be a consideration.
Receives functional work guidance and supervision from the Senior Commercial Loan Officer and Director of Finance and Lending.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Implements credit policies and procedures as applicable.
- Meets with Borrowers and/or closes loans for the direct programs.
Responsible for the necessary documentation for the credit function and implementation and supervision of loan file organization.
- Guides applicants through the application process.
- Executes Authorizations or commitments; follows up on receipt of documents or conditions met for loan closing.
Assists in the development of financing programs.
Analyzes credit requests, negotiates with Borrowers and/or lenders and properly structures the Authority’s commitments, presents loan requests to authorized committees and autonomous boards with recommendations for action.
Develops and promotes positive working relationships with State and Federal agencies, lenders, counsel, elected officials, and the general business community.
Services existing loans.
- Reviews new loan applications for completeness and pursues missing information.
- Prepares any correspondence necessary to the loan process and program administration.
- Monitors loans and follows up with Lender/Borrower to request needed information and makes appropriate changes in database.
- Provides administrative support to and coordinates with outside Boards.
Marketing and Promotion
- Monitors payments and makes follow up calls to delinquent borrowers.
- Makes agreement in payment terms with delinquent borrowers; extends time on commitments.
- Regularly reports to the FAME Staff Loan Committee, the CEO and/or the Board of Directors, as appropriate to make recommendations for action regarding specific accounts.
Assumes additional responsibilities as necessary.
Works on special projects as assigned.
- Promotes FAME and other public and private financing programs to businesses, industry groups and financial institutions.
- Communicates and promotes positive relationship with lenders, borrowers, businesses, attorneys, the general public, State/Federal agencies and FAME staff, as necessary.
- Participates in Authority relations with the public and the legislature.
- Participates in civic activities to promote growth and development of the community and a positive image for the Authority.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Minimum of four-year degree in related field (or an appropriate combination of education and work experience).
- Commercial Loan Officer I requires one to two (1-2) years related work experience, preferably in commercial lending.
- Commercial Loan Officer II requires three to four (3-4) years related work experience, preferably in commercial lending.
- Knowledge of credit and lending criteria.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both oral and written.
Normal office walking, lifting and sitting. Overnight travel and driving are sometimes required.
Send resume and letter of application to:
Lisa Brown, PHR
Human Resource Manager
Finance Authority of Maine
PO Box 949
Augusta, ME 04332-0949
FAME is an equal opportunity employer.