The Finance Authority of Maine (FAME) is a quasi-independent state agency that develops and administers programs related to the financing of both higher education and business in the State of Maine. FAME provides targeted financial tools, information and solutions that enable Maine citizens to take advantage of opportunities to further their education and grow Maine’s economy.
Managed Asset Officer
FAME has an immediate opening for a Managed Asset Officer. This is an opportunity to participate in financing challenging business transactions and to work in a dynamic team atmosphere.
As an Asset Manager/Loan Workout Officer, you will be responsible for managing substandard and non-performing assets varying in size and complexity. Overall job responsibility is conducted in an independent atmosphere where strong financial, computer and general business skills are required. Applicants must have demonstrated experience as well as a strong knowledge of commercial lending involving underwriting, credit analysis, loan documentation, loan workout and restructuring, bankruptcy, liquidation and related legal issues.
- Manage insured and direct distressed commercial loans to maximize value and minimize loss.
- Restructure credit and repayment terms, develop strategies to better secure collateral, collect and monitor all payments.
- Provide recommendations to senior management and lender partners to maximize value and reduce risk.
- Work with borrowers to obtain financial information and prepare written in-depth analysis and recommendations to protect and improve FAME’s credit exposure.
- Focus on the following areas: loan workout, rehabilitation, liquidation of assets and collateral, modification and/or recovery.
- 5+ years commercial lending experience, including a minimum of 2 years hands-on experience managing commercial and commercial real estate loan workouts.
- Experience in foreclosure laws and liquidation of commercial and commercial real estate loans.
- Working knowledge of bankruptcy laws.
- Strong skills in Microsoft Office and loan servicing systems and requirements.
- Demonstrated leadership and ability to work in a fast paced-environment.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Business, Finance or related field is desired.
Competitive compensation and a generous benefit package are offered along with our terrific team-oriented atmosphere.
Send resume and letter of application to:
Lisa Brown, PHR
Human Resource Manager
Finance Authority of Maine
PO Box 949
Augusta, ME 04332-0949
FAME is an equal opportunity employer.
The Finance Authority of Maine (FAME) does not discriminate in the administration of any of its programs or in its employment practices on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, gender, religion, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, marital status or sexual orientation. FAME is an equal opportunity employer, provider and lender.