You can get smart with your finances before and during college thanks to American Student Assistance® (ASA) and FAME.
Sooner is better than later when it comes to getting money savvy. That’s why ASA created SALT. SALT will give you the financial resources you need in school and beyond – and it will be FREE for life.
Get Started Today
High school students and families: visit saltmoney.org/famehighschool to sign up.
College students: visit saltmoney.org/famecollege to sign up and make sure to enter your college’s name in the school/organization field.
SALT Gives You:
- Scholarship, internship and job searches
- Tips on building smart financial habits
- Student loan borrowing resources
- Access to My Money 101™ – self-paced, interactive lessons to help you build money skills for life:
- Educational planning*
- Internships, incomes and careers
- Money management
- Student loans*
- Student loan repayment
- Credit and debt management
- Saving and investing
- Risk management
Is your school a SALT school?
These Maine schools offer SALT to their students:
- Beal College
- Central Maine Community College
- Eastern Maine Community College
- Husson University/New England School of Communications
- Kennebec Valley Community College
- Northern Maine Community College
- Saint Joseph’s College of Maine
- Southern Maine Community College
- Thomas College
- University of Maine
- University of Maine at Augusta
- University of Maine at Farmington
- University of Maine at Fort Kent
- University of Maine at Machos
- University of Maine at Presque Isle
- University of Southern Maine
- Washington County Community College
- York County Community College
*Recommended lessons for high school students and families