When traditional loans are not the solution for your financing needs, the Economic Recovery Loan Program (ERLP) may be the answer. This program helps your business remain operational and improve productivity by providing subordinate or gap financing.
Start-up businesses may also use this program. Lenders seeking to find additional sources of capital may use this program in conjunction with senior lender debt.
- Be Maine-based
- Exhibit reasonable ability to repay the loan
- Demonstrate that other sources of capital have been exhausted
- $750,000 is the maximum loan amount.
- Larger loans, up to $1,000,000, may be available if substantial public benefit is demonstrated and sufficient funds are available. Contact FAME for more information.
Fixed rate – Wall Street Journal Prime plus 2%, at time of loan commitment.
Maximum of five years. Amortization may be based on the useful life of the assets being financed or additional collateral pledged. Balloon payments are typically required.
Assets being financed and other collateral, as required.
First-year commitment fee: 1%
Submit a complete application and business plan to FAME. FAME will underwrite the request and notify the borrower of its decision.
Although not required, FAME encourages all applicants to discuss their loan request with a FAME loan officer prior to submission to ensure program eligibility.
All of the following documents accompanied by a business plan must be completed and returned to FAME in order to complete the loan application process:
- Economic Recovery Loan Application
- Environmental Questionnaire
- Employment Plan
- Personal Financial Statement
The documents above can be viewed using Adobe Acrobat. You may download a free copy of Adobe Acrobat Reader by clicking here.
The applications are in a PDF format, which can be completed on-line and must be printed and sent to FAME.